Ramadan Special: Dahi Baray – Iftar Table Staple
One of the most favorite dish of all time and especially of iftaar tables is Dahi Baray / Dahi Phulki/ Dahi Boondi easy to make and amazing in taste many people keeps this as a regular dish for Ramadan.
Great thing is one is consuming yoghurt and that’s great especially when you are fasting. However its better to keep the spice abit low to avoid acidity in Ramadan.
Sharing a fantastic recipe of Dahi boondi which is the BOMB dish of our house and every one loves it to the core. Besides eating it as a whole I sometimes serve it with Tehri or Vegetable pulao and it surely is a yummy addition. Here it goes.
Tarke wali Dahi Boondi
1 kilo Dahi Boondi
1/2 kilo well wisked Yoghurt
4 -5 tsp chaat masala
1 tbsp red chillie powder
1/2 tbsp roasted cumin powder
Salt to taste
1/4 cup oil
20 karri patta leaves
1/4 tsp cumin
5 round red button chillies
1. Firstly take water on room temperature in a big wok where all the boondis can be dipped in well.
2. Add bit of salt and 2 tbsp red chillie powder and mix well in water now add boondis and keep stirring them once in a while slowly.
Note: taste your boondi first as some boondi has immense salyly before u add salt to water.
3. Whisk yoghurt well and add water to the consistency you want your dahi boondi as some like it thick while others want thin.
4. Add salt red chillie powder and chaat masala and mix well.
5. When boondis are half done add them to yoghurt and mix well. They will soak water from yoghurt too so let them a bit hard otherwise they will be soggy.
6. Heat oil in pan. Firstly add karri patta and red button chillies and let them turn dark. Add cumin later and pour over the dahi boondi and close it with the lid.
Chatpati dahi boondi with awesome aroma is ready to serve. You can enjoy it with imli chuttney, hari chuttney, papri and chaat maslaa
P.S ave you tried my previous recipes from Ramzan Series? If not, you can find them here 🙂