Ramadan Delights: Croquettes to Crack The Tasty Code
So the most cherished month of the year Ramadan is almost here. It brings the blessings of Allah, beauty of togetherness and galore of ibadats along with it. But what makes this month even more delightful is the food we enjoy at sehri and iftaar Well ofcourse I am not saying to make eating the target here but well it sure is an essential part and we can make it easy, simple and healthy at the same time. Today, I am sharing one of my favorite Ramadan recipe, Potato Vegetable Croquettes .
It is a really healthy dish and will fill your mouth with great flavors. Hope you all will make this recipe and make this Ramadan yummilcious for yourself and your family 🤗
Potato Vegetable Croquettes
3 large Potatoes boiled & mashed
4 cubes of cream cheese
2 medium Carrot chopped
2 medium Capsicum chopped
Half cup Cabbage shredded
2 Green onion chopped (green part only)
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
3 Tbsp Hot sauce
1 tsp vinegar
2 Tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp Red Chillie grounded
Salt to taste
2 eggs whisked with salt and pepper
Breadcrumbs to coat
Oil for frying
1. Boil the potatoes and mash them well.
2. Cut all vegetables as directed
3. Firstly heat 3 Tbsp oil in a wok and add cabbage, carrot and capsicum and saute for 3 minutes.
4. Add soy sauce, hot sauce, vinegar and mix well. Let it cook for sometime till the veggies gets tender as we have to mix them in mashed potato.
5. Finally add green onion, salt and red chillie and give it a mix on low flame for 2 minutes and turn off the stove.
6. When cool, mix all vegetables in mashed potato well. Then add cubes of cream cheese and mix well.
7. Taste the batter’s seasoning and give it a final touch for frying.
8. Make long elongated medium sized croquettes out of the batter. The batter should be thick so that shapes can be formed easily.
If the batter sticks to hands, wet your hands with water.
9. Put the Croquettes in freezer for half an hour.
10. Beat the egg and add bit of salt and pepper.
11. Heat little oil in a pan as the Croquettes has to be shallow fried.
12. Coat the croquettes with egg first and then bread crumbs.
13. Fry each side till golden brown. Add oil when needed.
14. Take out on kitchen tissue and serve in desired platter along with ketchup, chillie sauce or chuttney as you like to enjoy.
Do try this scrumptious recipe and let us know how much you enjoyed the delicious Croquettes
This final picture is taken from google because the one I made were finished before I could take a picture :/
#sabinakhan #croquettes #snack #Ramadan #iftaar
Did you try my previous recipe of One Pot Fajita Pasta? If you didn’t you can find it here 😀